Rajasthan
Squatters Keep Returning Despite Jmc-h Road Raids | Jaipur News
Jaipur: Despite regular action of JMC-Heritage on temporary encroachments with focused campaigns every few months, these encroachments keep returning to the roads of Walled City after paying the fines. Usually, goods are seized and sent to the corporation’s garage, but from there people pay fines and release the goods. With this, the traffic condition remains the same as temporary shops, stalls begin to operate again.
On Monday, the anti-encroachment squad of JMC-Heritage seized 3 trucks of goods and recovered fines worth Rs 19,000 from 9 traders during an inspection of temporary encroachments.
Last week, the team had recovered a carrying charge of Rs 20,000 from 10 traders while seizing 3 trucks of goods. Similarly, in the last week of April, Rs 20,000 of carrying charge was recovered from traders who had set up shops or stalls at non-vending zones and 4 trucks of goods were seized.
Meanwhile, councillors said that there is no strictness to ensure that stalls or shops that have been removed once are not set up again.
“Action is being taken regularly, but what is the point if they come again the same day. The carts that are removed are taken to the garage and from there the person who owns it pays the fine and gets it back. As soon as the anti-encroachment team leaves, the carts are back from where they were removed. It seems like this has now become a means of earning money and not taking proper action,” said Arvind Methi, a councillor from Kishanpole zone.
JMC-Heritage mayor Munesh Gurjar said, “Regular action is being taken on temporary encroachments keeping in mind the traffic related problems in the Walled City.
On Monday, the anti-encroachment squad of JMC-Heritage seized 3 trucks of goods and recovered fines worth Rs 19,000 from 9 traders during an inspection of temporary encroachments.
Last week, the team had recovered a carrying charge of Rs 20,000 from 10 traders while seizing 3 trucks of goods. Similarly, in the last week of April, Rs 20,000 of carrying charge was recovered from traders who had set up shops or stalls at non-vending zones and 4 trucks of goods were seized.
Meanwhile, councillors said that there is no strictness to ensure that stalls or shops that have been removed once are not set up again.
“Action is being taken regularly, but what is the point if they come again the same day. The carts that are removed are taken to the garage and from there the person who owns it pays the fine and gets it back. As soon as the anti-encroachment team leaves, the carts are back from where they were removed. It seems like this has now become a means of earning money and not taking proper action,” said Arvind Methi, a councillor from Kishanpole zone.
JMC-Heritage mayor Munesh Gurjar said, “Regular action is being taken on temporary encroachments keeping in mind the traffic related problems in the Walled City.